First week of 2021 done! Feels great! Practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Marcus Billfeldt, Vilhelm Fridell and Erik Nyqvist! Good to have these return of serve against Jakob who have served really well this week! I like to improve my return! The physical training works well, improvement on several areas! We actually have a tournament this upcoming week on home ground! That is exciting! We really don’t know how many tournaments will be played. The first two prize money tournaments was cancelled and this one in Norrahammar is the third and will be played!
Saturday evening practice with Erik ”Nuke” Nyqvist Photo: Oskar Magnusson
Regarding this upcoming tournament I really have no expectations. I just want to play my game and try to improve my match game! I hope to do well.
Good first week after christmas, which I spend in Karlstad. Not so much training there, but it was a time for resting and delighted reunions! The first 7 days in Jönköping after christmas have been fun ones! A lot of training, work and more training! Practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Klara Milicevic, Vilhelm Fridell and also 6 hours of sparring with other players in the club! Just today I showed very good results in my stamina training, better then last year in fact! Loss of weight could also be a factor! Otherwise improvement needs to be done in strength, speed and flexibility!
I have updated my goals of the year! Of course it is affected by these crazy times, but one goal I have had since I took my first ATP point was to be top 1000, which I think I have a chance to do!
My ITF rating is 1919, swedish ranking is 35 at the moment and my swedish tennis rating is 2,6 ! It all depends on the tour opening up, I can still improve my swedish rating during the year, but it dosen’t mean much, though.
I want to thank the sponsors of this year! Eminent Sport for providing me with outstanding sport diet supplements and Babolat for their incomparable tennis stuff contribution!
The summer tour is over with overall mixed results. I tried hard to close the gap to the stronger players in the Swedish summer prize money tour, but it was tough! I need to practice more and get my physique better!
Because of covid-19 I have set some new goals for this year! There won’t be any futures that I’ll play and insted focus on Swedish winter prize money tour and Elitserien, swedens highest division where my club Tabergsdalens TK plays!
It will be a few weeks of build up and hard training before new matches! I will also try to find some new partnerships!
Thanks a lot to Eminent Sports and Racketdoktorn Babolat for helping me during this year so far!
The swedish tennis federation have now a new plan regarding national tournaments! Smaller draws, a few tournaments have pre-qualification are some examples of changes!
The training have gone well! During this week I have practiced with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Hugo Nossler and Klara Milicevic! I will also later this sunday practice with Johan Claesson! The physical have also improved lately!
– Great view just a few meters from the tennis courts!
– A decent tournament in Trelleborg for me! A couple of good qualification matches and then a tougher loss against Klöv-Nilsson! I started the match good! Break immediately and a 4-2 lead later! I had my chances to win the upcoming games, but didn’t quite manage to bring up the goods! 4-6! In the second set there was some close games in the beginning, but in the end my stamina was not good enough! I think I need to bring a bit more offensive game and more distinct shots next match! Maybe a bit easier tactic aswell! I will try to improve until next weeks tournament if I get in the quification that is.
No update lately! As most of us know there have been restrictions in hosting tournaments because of the virus! So a lot of practice, but no matches and therefore no updates! Last week was the start of the fine clay season! I have already done a few tough hours, mostly with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn! I will try to update you guys more frequently, but for now, no tournaments or league matches!
The physical training goes well, but I still need to improve my stamina a lot!
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) that causes Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
– The swedish tennis association will take a new decision regarding the swedish tennis leagues at 29/4! I will try to update the upcoming weekend! The focus will be on hard training this week!
New week and new opportunities to improve! I’ve had some great practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Henrik Wallensten, Edvin Sköld and Johan Claesson beside the regular group training! The physical status is good. No covid-19 virus yet and my stamina is improving!
Draw for the upcoming singles and doubles in Norrahammar:
Fun to see a new record of visitors on this page for this year (25)! Many thanks to the great Eric Löf for having me visit his page! Link to his page further down in this text!
New vintertour in Falun of Sweden. This time a category B. I had two good weeks of practice with Alexandra Viktorovich, Marcus Billfeldt, Mathias Miller, Klara Milicevic, Mikael Melin and Johan Claesson besides the group training. I’ve tried to experiment a little with style of play and tried to settle a way I want to play during the year. The physical status is pretty good. The stamina are improving and the overall strength is getting better.
– Early wake up to warm up on the courts with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn. Great warm up and I felt the ball well. The match against Edis Nokic was a tough one. I had some early chances to break his serve in the first games, but couldn’t take them. Then later he took the oppurtunity when it came. I struggled a bit with style of play. I became to passive in general and even though I took one set it didn’t feel that great. I also ran out of gas a little bit in the third set. Tough loss, but well played by Nokic. So to find my style of play and continue to improve stamina is key for the upcoming matches.
Tabergsdalen Indoor (Singles & Doubles) in two weeks!
New tournament! This time in Lund and another vintertour with category C status. Great practice during the week with Fabian Jansson, Alexandra Viktorvich, Henrik Wallensten, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Johan Claesson and Klara Milicevic. The physical status is better and are improving!
1R – Hugo Nossler (SWE) (-) – 6-4, 6-2 QF – Daniel Svensson (SWE) (-) – 3-6, 3-6
– Just before three hours practice with Clay!
– Two good matches! The strokes felt well from the beginning in both matches. Tough match against Daniel Svensson who played really well. I thought he had a bit more control in his game while serving and returning a little better then me. But in total this was two good matches and I feel that I can go back to the mine and continue the work!
– Time to introduce my second sponsor. Babolat. They provide me with excellent tennis ware. My racket Babolat Pure Aero VS Tour works really well and gives me a little more speed compare to my earlier Yonex racket.
Falun 15.000 SEK Vintertour next weekend!
This week a training camp with my club. 19 players participated from our club. It was 4 tough, but fun days when I also played singles an doubles in the tournament. Good practice during the week with Erik Nyqvist, Fabian Jansson, Alex Boozer, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Henrik Wallensten, Jimmie Trywall and a trip to Linköping and practice with Johan Claesson. The physical status is okey. I had some great stamina sessions, but during the camp I did not do so much physical training.
/ Oskar Magnusson (SWE) (-)
1R – bye
SF – Albin Melin (SWE) (-)/Wille Sjödell (SWE) (-) – 6-3, 7-5
F – Alex Boozer (SWE) (-)/Edvin Sköld (SWE) (-) – 6-1, 2-6, 1-0(6)
– The whole crew from Tabergsdalens TK during this tennis camp!
– Fun tournament where my serve started to work well again. It’s very obvious that I needto improve my return. In doubles a good return is essential. So home and work on my return and also continue to build a better physique!
Lund 10.000 SEK Vintertour this weekend!
New week and a new vintertour. This time a category C in Oskarshamn. Great practice with Edvin Sköld, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Alex Boozer, Henrik Wallensten, Erik Nyqvist besides the regular group training. Physical status is improving every week. Espacially my stamina which was not the best last week. A bit lack of sleep due to work and tougher training, but it is okey.
Future in autumn 2019 in Helsinki with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn
– First round match against good friend and fellow club member. Tough to face someone you practice with almost every week. A very slow surface in Oskarshamn. The difference in this match was a combination of a bit poor serveing and I did to many tactical errors. I did to many times forget to count in the slow surface and did move to the net too much. Jakob did play very well. Good serveing and a solid performance. Back home for a new week of pracice!
Next Tournament: Falköping, singles and doubles this weekend!