New week and another week with mostly focus on my physical training! I had a good 1 hour session with Edvin Sköld today, sunday. But other then that, no tennis. My new shoe insoles works pretty good and I feel it’s much easier to walk with them, so I will keep them on for the time being! I have switched up my stamina training and have done cycling instead of running! A lot tougher for the front thighs, but a bit difficult to find the right rhytm. Probably because of my inexperience..! The foot feels better and better and hopefully increased tennis the upcoming days and maybe a tournament next week! Let’s go!
Practice with good friend and current Sweden #8 in wheelchair tennis Eric Löf ! Photo: Stina Johannesson
– If I can continue to recover and without stress increase some tennis hours I might just be able to play this upcoming tournament! My physical training have been really good this week!
Tough week for my tennis! My foot injury was a bit worse then expected! Only 1 hour of tennis with Joel Nyqvist this week! The ballstrike was pretty good actually, but very restricted movement ability! So my focus have been on rehabilitation and the physical training that I was able to do! So no tournament in Jönköping or Malmö and probably not even in Norrköping the upcoming week! The rehabilitation goes alright and progress is made every day even if it’s not by much! I can’t wait to able to practice 100% both at the tennis court and in the gym!
..:: Swedish Rating ::.. 2,7503 (-0,1967)
In the gym yesterday night
– Focus is key and trying to do the best of the situation! I have bought some foot insoles that might help a little in the recovery progress!
Second week of 2021 with mixed feelings! First part of the week was great and second not so much..! It started well and practiced with Edvin Sköld and Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn beside the group training! But during a late stamina practice I managed to sprained my left foot..! I know my worst quality is my stubbornness so I tried to play a match anyway..! Even though I didn’t try to run down tough balls it was probably not a wise decision. My foot is not worse then it was before the match so I was lucky this time! Beside the accident, my body feels great and my physical and hit on the ball is good! I’ll now try to do my best to recover and be ready for the upcoming week! No tennis this monday however!
First week of 2021 done! Feels great! Practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Marcus Billfeldt, Vilhelm Fridell and Erik Nyqvist! Good to have these return of serve against Jakob who have served really well this week! I like to improve my return! The physical training works well, improvement on several areas! We actually have a tournament this upcoming week on home ground! That is exciting! We really don’t know how many tournaments will be played. The first two prize money tournaments was cancelled and this one in Norrahammar is the third and will be played!
Saturday evening practice with Erik ”Nuke” Nyqvist Photo: Oskar Magnusson
Regarding this upcoming tournament I really have no expectations. I just want to play my game and try to improve my match game! I hope to do well.
Good first week after christmas, which I spend in Karlstad. Not so much training there, but it was a time for resting and delighted reunions! The first 7 days in Jönköping after christmas have been fun ones! A lot of training, work and more training! Practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Klara Milicevic, Vilhelm Fridell and also 6 hours of sparring with other players in the club! Just today I showed very good results in my stamina training, better then last year in fact! Loss of weight could also be a factor! Otherwise improvement needs to be done in strength, speed and flexibility!
I have updated my goals of the year! Of course it is affected by these crazy times, but one goal I have had since I took my first ATP point was to be top 1000, which I think I have a chance to do!
My ITF rating is 1919, swedish ranking is 35 at the moment and my swedish tennis rating is 2,6 ! It all depends on the tour opening up, I can still improve my swedish rating during the year, but it dosen’t mean much, though.
I want to thank the sponsors of this year! Eminent Sport for providing me with outstanding sport diet supplements and Babolat for their incomparable tennis stuff contribution!
The summer tour is over with overall mixed results. I tried hard to close the gap to the stronger players in the Swedish summer prize money tour, but it was tough! I need to practice more and get my physique better!
Because of covid-19 I have set some new goals for this year! There won’t be any futures that I’ll play and insted focus on Swedish winter prize money tour and Elitserien, swedens highest division where my club Tabergsdalens TK plays!
It will be a few weeks of build up and hard training before new matches! I will also try to find some new partnerships!
Thanks a lot to Eminent Sports and Racketdoktorn Babolat for helping me during this year so far!
The swedish tennis federation have now a new plan regarding national tournaments! Smaller draws, a few tournaments have pre-qualification are some examples of changes!
The training have gone well! During this week I have practiced with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Hugo Nossler and Klara Milicevic! I will also later this sunday practice with Johan Claesson! The physical have also improved lately!
– Great view just a few meters from the tennis courts!
– A decent tournament in Trelleborg for me! A couple of good qualification matches and then a tougher loss against Klöv-Nilsson! I started the match good! Break immediately and a 4-2 lead later! I had my chances to win the upcoming games, but didn’t quite manage to bring up the goods! 4-6! In the second set there was some close games in the beginning, but in the end my stamina was not good enough! I think I need to bring a bit more offensive game and more distinct shots next match! Maybe a bit easier tactic aswell! I will try to improve until next weeks tournament if I get in the quification that is.
No update lately! As most of us know there have been restrictions in hosting tournaments because of the virus! So a lot of practice, but no matches and therefore no updates! Last week was the start of the fine clay season! I have already done a few tough hours, mostly with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn! I will try to update you guys more frequently, but for now, no tournaments or league matches!
The physical training goes well, but I still need to improve my stamina a lot!
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) that causes Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
– The swedish tennis association will take a new decision regarding the swedish tennis leagues at 29/4! I will try to update the upcoming weekend! The focus will be on hard training this week!
New week and new opportunities to improve! I’ve had some great practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Henrik Wallensten, Edvin Sköld and Johan Claesson beside the regular group training! The physical status is good. No covid-19 virus yet and my stamina is improving!
Draw for the upcoming singles and doubles in Norrahammar:
Fun to see a new record of visitors on this page for this year (25)! Many thanks to the great Eric Löf for having me visit his page! Link to his page further down in this text!
New vintertour in Falun of Sweden. This time a category B. I had two good weeks of practice with Alexandra Viktorovich, Marcus Billfeldt, Mathias Miller, Klara Milicevic, Mikael Melin and Johan Claesson besides the group training. I’ve tried to experiment a little with style of play and tried to settle a way I want to play during the year. The physical status is pretty good. The stamina are improving and the overall strength is getting better.
– Early wake up to warm up on the courts with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn. Great warm up and I felt the ball well. The match against Edis Nokic was a tough one. I had some early chances to break his serve in the first games, but couldn’t take them. Then later he took the oppurtunity when it came. I struggled a bit with style of play. I became to passive in general and even though I took one set it didn’t feel that great. I also ran out of gas a little bit in the third set. Tough loss, but well played by Nokic. So to find my style of play and continue to improve stamina is key for the upcoming matches.
Tabergsdalen Indoor (Singles & Doubles) in two weeks!