New tournament! This time in Lund and another vintertour with category C status. Great practice during the week with Fabian Jansson, Alexandra Viktorvich, Henrik Wallensten, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Johan Claesson and Klara Milicevic. The physical status is better and are improving!
1R – Hugo Nossler (SWE) (-) – 6-4, 6-2 QF – Daniel Svensson (SWE) (-) – 3-6, 3-6
– Just before three hours practice with Clay!
– Two good matches! The strokes felt well from the beginning in both matches. Tough match against Daniel Svensson who played really well. I thought he had a bit more control in his game while serving and returning a little better then me. But in total this was two good matches and I feel that I can go back to the mine and continue the work!
– Time to introduce my second sponsor. Babolat. They provide me with excellent tennis ware. My racket Babolat Pure Aero VS Tour works really well and gives me a little more speed compare to my earlier Yonex racket.
Falun 15.000 SEK Vintertour next weekend!
This week a training camp with my club. 19 players participated from our club. It was 4 tough, but fun days when I also played singles an doubles in the tournament. Good practice during the week with Erik Nyqvist, Fabian Jansson, Alex Boozer, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Henrik Wallensten, Jimmie Trywall and a trip to Linköping and practice with Johan Claesson. The physical status is okey. I had some great stamina sessions, but during the camp I did not do so much physical training.
/ Oskar Magnusson (SWE) (-)
1R – bye
SF – Albin Melin (SWE) (-)/Wille Sjödell (SWE) (-) – 6-3, 7-5
F – Alex Boozer (SWE) (-)/Edvin Sköld (SWE) (-) – 6-1, 2-6, 1-0(6)
– The whole crew from Tabergsdalens TK during this tennis camp!
– Fun tournament where my serve started to work well again. It’s very obvious that I needto improve my return. In doubles a good return is essential. So home and work on my return and also continue to build a better physique!
Lund 10.000 SEK Vintertour this weekend!
New week and a new vintertour. This time a category C in Oskarshamn. Great practice with Edvin Sköld, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Alex Boozer, Henrik Wallensten, Erik Nyqvist besides the regular group training. Physical status is improving every week. Espacially my stamina which was not the best last week. A bit lack of sleep due to work and tougher training, but it is okey.
Future in autumn 2019 in Helsinki with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn
– First round match against good friend and fellow club member. Tough to face someone you practice with almost every week. A very slow surface in Oskarshamn. The difference in this match was a combination of a bit poor serveing and I did to many tactical errors. I did to many times forget to count in the slow surface and did move to the net too much. Jakob did play very well. Good serveing and a solid performance. Back home for a new week of pracice!
Next Tournament: Falköping, singles and doubles this weekend!
Another vintertour. This time in Borås with Elfsborg Tennis. They arrange a category A vintertour. The training progress well with great tennis practice with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn and Erik Nyqvist. Besides thatI also do some practice in the group training of my club. My physical status is starting to be better. The stamina needs to be better though. I have a tough running practice later today.
1R – Erik Eliasson (SWE) (-) – 7-5, 6-1
2R – John Hallquist-Lithén (SWE) (1325) – 4-6, 3-6
Hired coach Eric Löf helped and supported me to victory in round 1!
– First match on friday afternoon. I did a 30min warm up with good player Jonathan Backman. We played on some slow sidecourts. The main courts where they played the matches on was pretty fast. The first match started poorly with an early break for Eliasson. He had a strong first and second serve which was tough to handle. I started to block more serves and the match went my way this time. The match against John Hallquist-Lithén was pretty physical. A great baseliner. The difference in this game was control and to many unforced errors from my part. I tried to play my game the whole match which I’m happy about. The return of serve needs to improve a lot. I also felt like I’ve said before that my stamina needs improvement.
Oskarshamn 10.000 SEK Vintertour next weekend!
Long time no updates. I will try to update more often this year. My physical status is pretty good this time. My shoulder feels better, my foot I injured last summer feels much better. I’m ready for 2020. I will try to update goals and other stuff on this blog. Last week I have practiced with Mikael Melin, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn, Marcus Billfeldt, Per Åström and Alexandra Viktorovich.
Results: R1 – Jonas Dixon (SWE) (-) – 6-3, 6-2
R2 – Simon Yitbarek (SWE) (813) – 3-6, 5-7
– Prize Money tournament in Eskilstuna, category A (20.000 SEK). Very good players in this tournament with Sweden number 3 Markus Eriksson as first seeded.
Good first match against qualifier and college player Jonas Dixon. Second round against Yitbarek was a tough one. No doubt I need to improve a lot. He has a good counter playstyle with good movement and defense. My thoughts is that I need to improve returns, attackstrokes, forehand volley and to be a little bit more aggressive. So my focus will be on that this week.
Tabergsdalens 10.000 SEK Vintertour this weekend!
Prize money tournament in the village Hörby of Sweden. A category C this time. I did some good practices with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn and Marcus Billfelt going in to this tournament. The body was alright for this tournament, but ready to compete.
Results: R1 – Nils Andersson (SWE) (-) – 6-2, 6-2
QF – Erik Wedin (SWE) (-) – 7-6(7), 6-3 SF – Emil Westling (SWE) (-) – 6-4, 7-6(4) F – Jeppe Johansson-Holm (SWE) (ITF 766) – 2-6, 2-6
– Good tournament. A good warm up with Ross Weibull and Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn. First match against qulifier Nils Andersson who I haven’t played against before. I did a solid match and served well on important points. Second day good warm up with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn and second match against Erik Wedin who I had lost to two times in a row. Incredible tight first set with a set point against me and finally 9-7 in the tie-break. Second set was 6-3 and maybe Wedin was a bit more tired then me. Semi final against Emil Westling who I had played against in Varberg sommartour earlier this summer. A much tougher match this time and I thought Westling played a way better match this time. The final against Jeppe Johansson-Holm was a tough one. We did have a good warm up togheter before the final. In the match he played clearly better then me. More control and power in the groundstrokes and also better returns. Even if I served well through all the matches it wasn’t enough this time. My backhand have improved since Falkenberg so I will just keep on going.
Next up: Norrköping 20.000 SEK sommartour during this week. Better then final this time?
Prize money tournament in Falkenberg. A category B this time. I had some good practices during the week with Jakob ArvidssonEhn, Johan Claesson, Marcus Billfelt, Alexandra Viktorovich, Klara Milicevic and Erik Nyqvist. The body felt okey going in to this one.
– Decent Tournamnet. Good early warm up with Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn. Then a first round match against Hugo Brungs. Haven’t played against him before. Really friendly guy. The serve worked well in this match. Quarter final against Leyton Rivera. Also someone I haven’t played before which is fun. I played pretty well. My backhand needs big improvement. It becomes to short too often. So a more aggressive backahd nwill be needed in the upcoming tournaments.
Next up: Hörby 10.000 SEK sommartour during this week. Let’s keep grinding.
– Fine Tournamnet. First of a good warm up in windy conditions with Christoffer Solberg followed by a first round victory over Emil Westling. Played a good match, especially in the second set. I did less unforced errors and served well. Second day and second match against third seed Daniel Svensson. First of a fine warm up with Christoffer Solberg then we started of with only games outdoor against Daniel 1-1. Then it rained and we played rest of th match indoor on pretty fast hardcourt. Svensson served well and deserved the win in three sets. Still a fine tournament and I’m excited to go back home and work hard and get ready for the next tournament.
Next up: Falkenberg 15.000 SEK sommartour next weekend. Let’s get a win.
The last two matches in the swedish division 2 west A. With a 4-0 victory against Särö LTK and we would secure the first place. We played with me, Jakob Arvidsson-Ehn and Mikael Melin in the first match and Johan Claesson joined in the second match.
Results: Tabergsdalens TK – Särö LTK – 4-0
J. Stenberg – Karl-Johan Mattsson – 6-0, 6-0
J. Arvidsson-Ehn – Fabian Billton – 6-0, 6-0
M. Melin – Thomas Angervall – 6-1, 6-1
Stenberg/Arvidsson-Ehn – Mattsson/Billton – 6-2, 6-1
Pixbo TK – Tabergsdalens TK – 0-4
J. Stenberg – Olof Rooth – 6-2, 6-1
J. Arvidsson-Ehn – Viktor Wramdermark – 6-0, 6-0
J. Claesson – Felix Forsberg – 6-3, 6-3
Arvidsson-Ehn/Claesson – Rooth/Wramdemark – 6-3, 6-4
– Great weekend with two wins and secured 1st place in the division. Now we reach the highest division outdoor. There are four division 1. North, south, middle and west. We will probably play in West. Great league season with 4 straight 4-0 wins. The whole team played very well.
Ystad 25.000 SEK sommartour during next week. I’ve had some slight injury in my foot for a week and I’m excited to play matches again!
R1 – Allen Botic (SWE) () – W.O
QF – Felix Mörck (SWE) () – 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
SF – Robin Thour (SWE) (2000) – 4-6, 6-2, 7-6(4)
F – John Hallquist-Lithén (1638) – 3-6, 7-6(5), 4-6
– Good tournament. I was a little dissapointed that I couldn’t play the first round. I really need more matches. The match against Mörck was a tough one. He had opportunities in the third set, but I managed to find a way to victory. Great warm up before the semi finals with John Hallquist-Lithén. The semi final against Thour was even tougher. A break down in the third, but still managed to escape and finally win. Really tough. The final was a good match. I felt that I didn’t have enough energy against Hallquist-Lithén. He played well and was the stronger in this match.
Two league matches next weekend. The matches there will decide if we win the second division or not.